- Timber Camp Campground is a first come, first served campsite that is also a no fee area.
- The campground is generally open from June 15 - October 31.
- The only amenity at this campground is a vault toilet, which is not handicap accessible.
- Groceries, a shower facility, and food service are available at Gardiner, MT.
Timber Camp Campground provides dispersed camping between Yellowstone National Park and the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness. Close by you will find trailhead access to the wilderness at Bear Creek Campground and the northwest entrance to Yellowstone at Gardiner, MT.
The campground is located 5 miles northeast of Gardiner on Jardine Rd, and then 4 miles northeast on Forest Rd 493.
This campground does not use a reservation system; it is managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Season or Open Dates – June 15 - October 31 – depending on the weather
- Elevation – 7500 feet
- Fee – None
- Number and Type of Sites – Dispersed camping sites with open parking.
The only amenity is a vault toilet, which is not handicapped accessible.
Generators are not allowed.
There is no dump station.
There are no showers or laundry facility.
There is no firewood.
Groceries, a shower facility, and food service are available within a few miles of the site at Gardiner, MT.
Activities & Attractions
Head in south spend some time in Yellowstone National Park.
Hiking trails are accessible from the site.
Open meadows provide for excellent wildflower viewing in the spring.