- HARD SIDED CAMPING ONLY.
- Soda Butte Campground is open July 1 through September 7, depending on the weather.
- This campground is managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fee is $9.00 per day per site with $3.00 charge for each additional vehicle per site.
- Soda Butte Campground is close to Yellowstone National Park and the Beartooth Highway.
Soda Butte Campground is located in the Gallatin National Forest in southwest Montana just outside Yellowstone National Park. The campground encompasses an area of 10 acres.
Soda Butte Campground is located 1 mile east of Cooke City on US Highway 212.
This campground does not use a reservation system, it is managed on a first-come, first-served basis. Come early to be sure that you will have a spot, especially in the summer.
- Season or Open Dates – July 1 - September 7 - weather dependant
- Elevation – 7500 feet
- Fee - $9.00/daily ($3.00 each additional vehicle per site)
- Number and Type of Sites – 21 camping sites (The maximum trailer size recommended is 22 feet)
- Fire rings & grates
- Food boxes
- Vault Toilets
- Trash cans
HARD SIDED CAMPING ONLY.
Generators are allowed.
There is no dump station.
There are no showers or laundry facility.
There is no firewood.
Groceries, a shower facility, and food service are available within 2 miles of the site at Cooke City.
Activities & Attractions
For an easy day trip, take a drive over Beartooth Pass and visit Red Lodge, MT.
Head in the other direction and spend some time in Yellowstone National Park.
Hiking trails and fishing are accessible from the site.