- HARD SIDED CAMPING UNITS ONLY.
- Contact the Gardiner District Office at (406) 848-7375 for up to date information.
Colter Campground is located 2 miles east of Cooke City on US 212. The access road is not suitable for vehicles longer than 48'.
Travel east from Cooke City on US 212 for approximately 2 miles and look for the signs.
This campground does not use a reservation system; it is managed on a first-come, first-served basis. Be aware the campground may fill up on weekends & holidays during the summer months and you should arrive in the early afternoon to ensure there is a space available for the night. For more information, contact the Gardiner District Office at (406) 848-7375 for updates.
- Season or Open Dates - July 1 – September 7, 2016 – weather dependent
- Elevation – 6700 feet
- Fee - $8.00/daily ($3.00 each additional vehicle per site)
- Number and Type of Sites – 23 camping sites
- Fire grates
- Food boxes
- Trash cans
- Handicapped accessible toilets
Hard sided camping units ONLY.
Generators are allowed.
There is no dump station.
There are no showers or laundry facility.
There is no firewood.
Activities & Attractions
Nearby activities and attractions include -
- Beartooth Highway
- Historic towns of Cooke City and Silver Gate
- Wildlife Viewing
The northeast gate of Yellowstone National Park is only 12 miles to the southwest.
Red Lodge MT is over Beartooth Pass a distance of roughly 60 miles.