- Fly over the Gallatin River or through the trees on one of three nearby zip line courses.
- Enjoy a scenic chairlift ride at Big Sky Resort, offering access to hiking and mountain biking trails, as well as a disc golf course.
Ziplining is a fun activity for families and friends and an adventurous way to see the sights. If you've never been ziplining before, be sure to give it a try in Montana. These companies, below, offer various zipline tours.
Yellowstone Zipline and Canopy Tours
Closest to Bozeman, Yellowstone Zipline is located along the Gallatin River - just 30 minutes from downtown Bozeman. Plus, in 2012, YZCT completed a new ranch-based course in Gardiner Montana. They offer many different zips for you to chose from, or combine.
- Season: May through September
- Rates: $60-$88 (depending on the number of zips)
- Other Activities: Horseback Riding, Rafting and Fishing
- Phone: 800-799-4465
Big Sky Resort
Just a little further down the road at Big Sky Resort, take your pick from 3 different zip lines. You can enjoy ziplining here during summer AND winter.
- Season: Summer and Winter
- Rates: $70-$90
- Phone: 406-995-5769
Scenic Chairlift Ride at Big Sky Resort
The closest scenic chairlift ride to Bozeman is actually located at Big Sky Resort, about 1 hour southwest of Bozeman. Make a day out of it and ride the chairlift, go on a zipline ride, and even spend the afternoon whitewater rafting.
Big Sky's Scenic Lift is located at the base of the resort in Mountain Village. It rises just over 1,000 feet offering fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. It can also be used as a shuttle for hikers, mountain bikers, and disc golfers. The ride up takes 5 minutes and the lift is open for scenic rides from early June through late September.
- Adults: $34
- Juniors (11-17): $20
- Children (10 and under): FREE
- Lone Peak Expedition (includes a jeep excursion and tram ride to the top of Lone Peak): $89