- Depending on weather conditions, the campground may be open in early May and late September.
- This 15-site campground has some reserved and some first come first served sites.
Located on the Bozeman Ranger District of the Gallatin National Forest 30 miles south of Bozeman, Montana. The campground is adjacent to the scenic Gallatin River and U.S. Highway 191. Most campsites are surrounded by spruce, fir and cottonwood trees. Roads are paved and campsite spurs are gravel. Campground host in site #4.
From Bozeman take U.S. Highway 191 south for 30 miles to the campground (on both sides of highway).
From West Yellowstone, take Montana Hwy. 191 north 59 miles (8 miles north of the Big Sky turnoff).
- Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- This campground has first come, first serve sites.
- The first two vehicles are included in the reservation and a $8.00/night fee for each additional vehicle will be collected at the campground. Sites may be available on a first come-first served basis outside and during the reservation season.
- Please call (406) 646-1012 or (877) 444-6777 for more details concerning the availability for this campground outside the reservation season.
- Or make a reservation online
- Season or Open Dates - Depending on weather conditions, the campground may be open in May 15th to September 15th
- Elevation – 5,600 feet
- Fee – $20 daily fee
- Number and Type of Sites
15 standard non-electric sites
Sites are suitable for RV’s
- Handicapped accessible vault toilets
- Camp Host
- Family Campground
- Fire Rings
- Garbage Service
- Paved Roads
- Water Hydrant
- Picnic Tables
Host is located in campsite #4. Generators are allowed. There is no dump station.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Yellowstone National Park is only 59 miles south. Other nearby activities include:
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing