- The campground is generally open by early May to late September.
- This 63-site campground has some sites with electrical hook ups.
The Red Cliff Campground is located on the Bozeman Ranger District of the Gallatin National Forest 46 miles south of Bozeman, Montana. The campground sits adjacent to the scenic Gallatin River and US Highway 191. Most campsites are among scattered pine and fir trees. Others campsites are located in open meadows away from the river. Roads and campsite spurs in the campground are gravel. The campground host is in site #3.
From Bozeman take US Highway 191 south for 46 miles to the campground (on left or east side).
From West Yellowstone, take MT Hwy 191 north 45 miles.
- To make reservations – at least 3 days in advance – call toll-free (877) 444-6777 or Book Online
- This campground has some first-come, first-served sites.
- Season or Open Dates - Depending on weather conditions the campground may be open from May 15th to September 15th
- Elevation – 6200 feet
- Fee – $20 per site, plus $8.00 for additional vehicle and extra $8.00 for electrical sites.
- Number and Type of Sites
63 total sites
Sites 1 – 26 have electrical hookups
Remaining sites are standard non-electrical
Sites are suitable for RV’s.
- Handicapped Accessible Vault Toilets
- Fire Rings
- Picnic Tables
- Pressurized Water
- Drinking water
- Water Faucets
- Trash Pickup
Generators are allowed. There is no dump station. There are no showers or laundry facility.
Activities and Attractions
- Bird Watching
- RV Camping
- Tent Camping
Yellowstone National Park is only 45 miles south of the campground.