- Depending on weather conditions, the Chisholm Campground may be open mid-May to mid-September.
- A $15 daily fee is charged per site.
- Reservations must be made at least 4 days in advance & the campground requires a 3 night minimum stay on holidays. Call 406-522-2520 or 877-646-1012 for reservations.
Located in the Bozeman Ranger District of the Gallatin National Forest, Chisholm Campground is 18 miles south of Bozeman, Montana. At 6,700 feet elevation, it is adjacent to the Hyalite Reservoir and the East Fork of Hyalite Creek. All campsites are surrounded by pine and fir trees.
From Main street in Bozeman take south 19th 7 miles to Hyalite Canyon Road Turn left and go south 11 miles to the campground. The last mile of road is gravel.
- Reservations must be made at least 4 days in advance. This campground requires a 3 night minimum stay on holidays. Make reservations online.
- Two non-towed vehicles may be parked per site; the first vehicle is included in the basic fee, the second vehicle is charged the extra fee. A fee of $6.00 for an extra vehicle will be collected at the campground.
- This campground has first come, first serve sites. Sites may be available on a first come-first served basis outside the reservation season. Please call 406-522-2520 or 877-646-1012 for more details concerning the availability for this campground outside the reservation season.
- Season or Open Dates - Depending on weather conditions, the campground will be open May 26 - September 30, 2016.
- Elevation – 6700 feet
- Fee – A $15.00 daily fee is charged. There is a locked fee drop box.
- Number and Type of Sites
10 standard non-electric sites
The largest parking spurs are 14' X 60' and 28' X 35'
Sites can accommodate RV’s
- Handicapped accessible vault toilets
- Picnic Tables
- Drinking Water, Hand Well
- Fire Rings
- Trash Service
Generators are permitted. There is no dump station. Roads and campsite spurs in the campground are gravel.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
The Chisholm Campground is adjacent to the Hyalite Reservoir and the East Fork of Hyalite Creek. Access to boat ramp is 1 mile away in Hood Creek campground. Within 10 miles there is a bike trail and a boat launch. Nearby activities include:
- Bird Watching
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing