- This is a 4-5 site undeveloped camping area at the trailhead to Spanish Creek Trail.
- The campground is generally open by early May to late September and is the north entrance to the Spanish Peaks.
- There are no reservations required. This is a no fee area.
This large and popular trailhead has developed parking areas and several amenities. This is the north entrance to the Spanish Peaks, with trails up Little Hell Roaring Creek, South Fork Spanish Creek and a trail up the north end of the Madison Range.
The directions are simple and on this road you will come close to the rich and famous. One of Ted Turner’s Montana ranches, the Flying D Ranch lies adjacent to Spanish Creek Road.
Drive south of Bozeman on Highway 191 for 21 miles. After entering the Gallatin Canyon, turn right on Spanish Creek Road. Travel another 9 miles to the Spanish Creek Trailhead and Campground.
Keep an eye out as you travel Spanish Creek Road for any stray buffalo that may have wandered onto the road from Ted Turner's Ranch.
No reservations required. No Fees.
- Season or Open Dates - Open year-round
- Elevation – 6200 feet
- Fee – No Fee area.
- Number and Type of Sites
Spanish Creek Campground and Trailhead is an undeveloped camping area. There are 4-5 camping sites. It is a “staging area” for backpacking trips and horseback trips into the Spanish Peaks area.
- Vault Toilet
- Fire Rings
- Picnic Tables
- Drinking Water/Water Faucets
No generators are allowed.
There is no dump station.
There are no showers or laundry facility.
Activities and Attractions
- Horseback Riding