- Depending on weather conditions, the Fairy Lake Campground may be open from July to early September.
- There is no fee charged and camping is on a first come, first served basis.
Fairy Lake Campground is a wonderful place to call home while spending a few days in the Bridger Mountains just 26 miles North of Bozeman. Here you can enjoy the water and the mountains during the warmer summer months.
From Main street in Bozeman take Bridger Canyon Road (Hwy 86) North for roughly 26 miles. Turn left on Fairy Lake Road and follow for 11 miles to the campground. The last 5 miles of road is gravel.
There is no fee and no reservations. Fairly Lake Campground is first come, first served
- Season or Open Dates - Depending on weather conditions; the campground will be open from July 1st to September 15th.
- Elevation – 7600 feet
- Fee – No Fee
- Number and Type of Sites
Sites can accommodate RV’s
- Handicapped accessible vault toilets
- Picnic Tables
- Drinking Water, Hand Well
- Fire Rings
Generators are permitted. There is no dump station. Roads and campsite spurs in the campground are gravel
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Fish in the lake (no motor boats), watch moose early in the morning, or scale the short but steep trail up Sacajawea Peak (9666 feet) to get a panoramic view of Bozeman, the surrounding grasslands, and the distant mountains.
- Boating ( no motor boats)
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing