- Fox Creek Cabin is open year-round but it is located in a non-motorized area, so you will have to hike in.
- The fee is $20.00 per night and reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Reservations are made through the Bozeman Ranger District Office (406)522-2520
Fox Creek Cabin is a primitive cabin located in the Gallatin Mountains south of Bozeman, Montana. The cabin is located in a non-motorized area so you will need to hike a distance to get here.
Travel approximately 14 mi. S of Bozeman, MT. Summer and winter distance to the cabin is a 6 mile hike, ski, or snowshoe from the South Cottonwood Trailhead. From the end of the Langohr Road it is 2.5 miles to the cabin in the summer. The Langohr road may require 4x4 wheel drive.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance. Last minute reservations (up to 3 nights in advance) are available by calling or going to the Bozeman Ranger Station (406)522-2520 or going to the Recreation.gov website.
- Season or Open Dates – Open year-round
- Fee - Price is $20 per night and the cabin can be reserved from 1 to 5 nights.
- Capacity – The cabin is very small and can only accommodate 2 people.
- Cabin Amenities - There is a small box type woodstove for heating, and basic cooking supplies are provided. The Forest Service does not supply the firewood or lantern. There is no electricity and no running water. There is a vault toilet. Other amenities include broom & dustpan, dishes & tableware, pots & pans, mattresses, and table & chairs.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
In the immediate area, you can enjoy
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing