- Battle Ridge Cabin is open year-round and even in the winter, you can drive to within ¼ mile of the cabin.
- The fee is $30.00 per night and reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Reservations are made through the Bozeman Ranger District Office (406)522-2520.
Battle Ridge Cabin is a rustic cabin located in the Bridger Mountains 19 miles north of Bozeman, Montana. The cabin was built in 1938 and is open year-round.
From Bozeman, follow N. Rouse Ave that turns into Highway 86. The cabin is 19 miles from Bozeman up Bridger Canyon. It is 4 miles past Bridger Bowl Ski area and 1 mile past the Brackett Creek Road. The gated turn-off is on the left side of the road just before the Battle Ridge Pass. You cannot see the cabin from the highway. The lock on the gate has the same combination as the cabin.
During the winter months, you will need to park along the side of the road at the junction of the main road and the cabin's access road and walk or ski about 1/4 mile to the cabin. In the summer, you can drive right to the cabin. The short access road to the cabin may be rough and muddy during the spring and fall and may not be suitable for some low clearance vehicles.
Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance. Last minute reservations (up to 3 nights in advance) are available by calling or going to the Bozeman Ranger District Office (406)522-2520 or going to the Recreation.gov website.
- Season or Open Dates – Open year-round
- Fee - Price is $30 per night and the cabin can be reserved from 1 to 5 nights.
- Capacity - Capacity is 4-5 people. Battle Ridge Cabin has mattresses for four people and one cot.
- Cabin Amenities - There is a wood cook stove and the Forest Service supplies the firewood. Basic cooking supplies are also provided. Battle Ridge Cabin is handicap accessible. There is no electricity and no running water. There is a spring 500 feet behind the cabin. There is a vault toilet. Other amenities include broom & dustpan, dishes & tableware, pots & pans, and table & chairs.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
As Bozeman is only 20 miles away, you can always travel into town for additional services or to take in a movie or other form of entertainment.
In the immediate area you can enjoy
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Cross Country Skiing