- Shields River Campground is a primitive, non-developed 6-picnic table area on the Shields River.
- This is a no fee, no reservations use area.
- Maximum RV length is 22 feet.
- Fishing is excellent on the Shields River.
Shields River Campground is a primitive campsite with a 6-table picnic area on the Shields River. ATV use is prohibited in the area from January through April to control erosion.
Shields River Campground is located in the Shields River Area.
- Travel 28 miles north of Livingston on US Highway 89 to Wilsall.
- Then travel northeast 24 miles on Shields River Road.
This is a no reservation, no fee area.
- Season or Open Dates - Depending on weather conditions, the campground may be open from Memorial Day to early September.
- Elevation – 6,400 feet
- Fee – none
- Number and Type of Sites
non-developed 6 table picnic area
22 foot RV limit
- Non-developed, primitive.
- Vault Toilet
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Excellent fishing in the Shields River and headwaters for whitefish or Yellowstone cutthroat. Best fishing from the mouth to Willow Creek and from Bennett Creek to Lodgepole Creek.
Other activities to do in the area include ATV and 4X4, hiking, wildlife viewing, and hunting.