- MOR features a new Children's Discovery Center, changing exhibits from around the globe, and the popular Taylor Planetarium, a 40-foot, 104-seat domed theater.
- Events include the Museum Ball, Annual Dinosaur Egg Hunt, Family Archaeology Day, Astronomy Day, Wine Classic, and Farm Festival.
Museum of the Rockies, part of Montana State University and located in Bozeman, Montana, on the MSU campus, is recognized as one of the finest research and history museums in the world, and is also home to world-acclaimed paleontologist, Dr. Jack Horner, scientific advisor on all of the Jurassic Park movies. Known for its remarkable collection of dinosaur fossils and its permanent regional history exhibits, MOR also thrills visitors with changing exhibits from around the globe, the Martin Children’s Discovery Center, the Living History Farm, and the Taylor Planetarium, which features one of the world’s most advanced digital projection systems.
Located just 90 minutes from Yellowstone National Park in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, MOR is a Smithsonian Affiliate Museum and a Federal Repository for fossils. Its collection is considered part of the U.S. National Treasures.
Museum of the Rockies
600 West Kagy Blvd.
Bozeman, MT 59717
From US HWY I-90, exit 19th Avenue and continue south about 4 miles on 19th Avenue to Kagy Boulevard, turn left and follow signs to museum.
- Winter Hours: Monday through Saturday - 9am-5pm and Sunday - 12-5pm
- Summer Hours: Daily - 8am-6pm
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
- Seibel Dinosaur Complex, Continuous
- Explore Yellowstone! (For kids up to 8 years old), Continuous
- Enduring Peoples Hall, American Indian Cultures, Continuous
- Paugh Regional History Hall, Rocky Mountain History, Continuous
- Taylor Planetarium, breathtaking views of the cosmos, Continuous
- Museum Ball - February
- Annual Dinosaur Egg Hunt - April
- Junior Archeology Day - April
- Astronomy Day - April
- Wine Classic - July
- Farm Festival - September
- TwoFly - September
- Smithsonian Day - September
- Family Gross-ology Halloween Party - October
- Huffing for Stuffing - November
- Laser Yuletide Show - December