Bozeman, Montana has grown to be one of the leading destinations for a western Rocky Mountain vacation, featuring attractions like museums, mountain ranges and wilderness areas, collegiate athletics, unique & historic district, and Yellowstone National Park.
Bozeman, Montana has become one of the leading destinations for a Western Rocky Mountain vacation, featuring attractions such as Yellowstone Park, Hot Springs, mountains ranges, rivers, canyons, caverns, and museums. Here is just a sampling of attractions that you can find in Bozeman.
The lure of Yellowstone Park is a large source of Bozeman Montana tourism. It is known for its wildlife and geothermal activity. Hike the boardwalk trail around Mammoth Hot Springs, enjoy the boiling river, or catch an eruption of the majestic Old Faithful.
- Located 90 miles South of Bozeman.
- Seasons: Open all year around, but all entrances are closed off to vehicles between December and March, except for the North and Northeast entrances. Once in the park, internal roads are available to over-snow transportation.
- Activities: Hiking, camping, fishing, boating, wildlife viewing, hot springs, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and photograhpy.
Relax and soak at Chico Hot Springs, a beautiful location nestled in the foothills of the Absaroka Mountain Range. Chico offers spacious lodging, two natural hot spring pools, exceptional dining, and live entertainment.
- Located roughly 60 miles Southeast of Bozeman.
- Seasons: Open all year around.
- Activities: Soak, swim, spa, lodging, dining, live music, and dancing.
- Additional Bozeman Hot Springs include Bozeman Hot Springs & Norris Hot Springs.
A popular recreational area snug in the Gallatin National Forest is Hyalite Canyon, which draws in a fair amount of Bozeman tourism and keeps the locals coming back. Miles of hiking trails weave through the forests, showcasing pristine waterfalls, wildlife, and fresh mountain air.
- Located 15 miles South of Bozeman.
- Seasons: Accessible to the public all year around, but closed from March to May to vehicles in order to prevent damage to soft bed roads.
- Activities: Hiking, biking, camping, fishing, ice climbing, cross country skiing, and snow shoeing.
- Additional Bozeman attractions include Bear Canyon, Beartrap Canyon, & Gallatin Canyon.
Take a tour at the Lewis & Clark Caverns, overlooking over 50 miles of the Lewis and Clark Expedition trail. Wind yourself through miles of underground limestone, exploring cave chambers that are filled with stalagmites and stalactites.
- Located 45 miles West of Bozeman.
- Seasons: Open all year around.
- Activities: Caving, biking, hiking, bird-watching, camping, canoeing, fishing, picnicking, and photography.
- Additional historic Bozeman Montana attractions include the Buffalo Jump, Virginia City, and Museum of the Rockies.
Share Your Thoughts
- Yellowstone Park
- History & Museums
- Nature & Outdoors
- Lakes, Rivers & Waterfalls
- Hot Springs
- Scenic Drives
- Ski Resorts
Buffalo Bill Center of the West: Cody, WY
Discover Where The West Begins. Located in historic Cody, WY, just an hour from the east entrance of Yellowstone. Art and History of the American West. Bring the kids.
Sign Up for Specials & Travel Updates
Your email is safe with us.