Big Creek Cabin is available all year for those who love the solitude and natural wonders of the forested lands around Livingston, Montana. You’ll enjoy that special taste of nature.
- Big Creek Cabin is open year round.
- The cost is $50.00 per night.
- The Cabin can accommodate 11 people.
- Reservations can be made by calling or going to the Forest Service Office 406-222-1892: 5242 Hwy 89 South Livingston, MT.
The Big Creek Cabin is located in a flat clearing surrounded by Spruce & Fir trees with Big Creek flowing behind the cabin about 50 feet from the back porch. Big Creek Cabin is the largest cabin in this Forest Service District, a typical log structure 28 x 40 feet, having 5 rooms and 2 porches.
Big Creek Cabin is located Southwest of Livingston in the Paradise Valley.
- To reach the Cabin, drive south from Livingston on Highway 89 for approximately 30 miles to the Big Creek road turn (sign for Mountain Sky Guest Ranch).
- Turn right at the sign and Follow Big Creek Road for about 5 miles to the cabin.
In winter, the road is plowed to Mountain Sky Guest Ranch. Cross-country skis or snowshoes are required the last 1/2 mile to the cabin from the end of the plowed road. The road gate closes from 12/02 to 5/15 annually for protection of the road. This leaves a 1/2 mile distance From the gate to the cabin.
Reservations can be made by up to 3 days in advance by calling or going to the Forest Service Office 406-222-1892: 5242 Hwy 89 South Livingston, MT.
- Season or Open Dates – open year round
- Fee – Price is $50.00 per night and the cabin can be reserved from 1 to 5 nights.
- Capacity - Capacity for this facility is 11 people.
- Cabin Amenities - Inside the cabin are tables, chairs, beds w/mattresses, Propane lantern (bring fuel) & 2 wood burning stoves, one for heat & one for cooking. Additional items include broom & dust pan, mop & bucket, fire ring, and firewood, axe, & maul.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
For the outdoor recreationist, the area offers creek fishing, trails for hiking & riding horses, & wildlife sightings of bear, deer, elk & moose.
In winter, skiing or snowshoeing.
Across from the cabin is a corral available for use. Maximum number of stock in the corral is 6. Corral users are responsible for cleaning out the corral.