Moose Creek Campground
At Moose Creek Campground in the Gallatin Canyon, campers love the fishing access, the wonderful privacy and the natural wonders of the forest. It’s an ideal camping retreat.
- The campground is generally open by mid-May to mid-September.
- This 13-site campground has some reserved and some first come first served sites.
- This campground offers handicapped accessible fishing on the Gallatin River.
- To make reservations – at least 3 days in advance – call 406-522-2520 or 877-646-1012.
The Moose Creek Campground is located on the Bozeman Ranger District of the Gallatin National Forest 32 miles south of Bozeman, Montana. The campground is adjacent to the scenic Gallatin Ranger and U.S. Highway 191. Most campsites are in open meadows along the river. Roads are paved and the campsite spurs are gravel.
From Bozeman take US Highway 191 South for 32 miles to the campground on right side.
From West Yellowstone, take MT Hwy 191 north 57 miles (7 miles north of the Big Sky turnoff).
- To make reservations – at least 3 days in advance – call 406-522-2520 or 877-646-1012, or Book Online.
- Three-night minimum on holidays.
- This campground has some first-come, first-served sites.
- Season or Open Dates - Depending on weather conditions the campground may be open from May 15th to September 15th
- Elevation – 5700 feet
- Fee – $14 daily fee at locked drop box
- Number and Type of Sites
13 sites available with the largest parking spur being 20 feet by 60 feet
1 group site
4 sites are handicapped accessible
Some sites are suitable for RV’s.
- Handicapped Accessible Vault Toilets
- Firewood for Sale
- Fire Rings
- Picnic Tables
- Drinking water
- Trash Pickup
- Handicapped Fishing Access to the Gallatin River
Generators are allowed. There is no dump station. There are no showers or laundry facility.
Activities and Attractions
- Bird Watching
- Fly Fishing
- River Fishing
- RV Camping
- Stream Fishing
- Tent Camping
Yellowstone National Park is only 57 miles south of the campground.